Target Field Trip Grant Opportunities
Click here to learn more!
Maker Educator Meetup - Free collaboration opportunities for educators!
We are collaborating with Future Development Group, LLC to bring a new opportunity to the North State: North State Maker Educator Meetups! Maker Educator Meetups (MEMs) are an opportunity to meet with like-minded educators so we can learn from each other. The goals of MEMs are support, networking, and equity — bringing design and making to all youth. During these bi-monthly meetups, we will share with each other, provide support, network, and even do a little making.
The Meetups will be informal in nature and free for educators interested in learning about the maker education movement and how they can incorporate hands on learning activities in their classroom. Each event will focus on a particular type of activity and promises to be fun and engaging.
2017 dates: January 12, March 9, and May 11.
- www.lawrencehallofscience.org/ GEMS ® and information.
- https://everykidinapark.gov/ Fourth graders and their families can get free access to parks, lands, and waters for an entire year
- www.ext.vt.edu/resources/4h/virtualforest/ Virginia 4H Forestry for Kids.
- www.fs.fed.us/ucf/, USDA website: Urban and Community Forestry.
- www.fs.fed.us/rm/fire_game/ Interactive computer forest management and fire tracking/prediction game.