June 20 - July 4, 2014
Redding’s world renowned Sundial Bridge celebrates its 10-year anniversary with two weeks of festivities beginning Friday, June 20th and culminating on July 4th. CELEBRATE 10 kicks off with spectacular original presentations by vertical dance pioneers, BANDALOOP, performing off of, on, and all around the Sundial Bridge pylon. Celebration highlights also include a family-friendly float and race on the river and an evening of food, music and fun on the Redding Civic Auditorium's front lawn. Special Turtle Bay activities and exhibits, as well as nightly concerts at the Riverfront Amphitheater will complement the two-week celebration. Redding’s annual Freedom Festival will close out the CELEBRATE 10 festivities on July 4th with fireworks, more music, and some thrilling surprises.
CELEBRATE 10 - Schedule of Events
- June 20 to July 4
- Sundial Bridge tours and activities at Turtle Bay Exploration Park
- June 20
- Evening BANDALOOP performance at the Sundial Bridge - Opening night with live music by the North State Symphony
- June 21
- Summer Solstice activities around the Sundial Bridge
- June 21
- Evening BANDALOOP performance at the Sundial Bridge with live music by the North State Symphony
- June 22 to June 25
- Sundial Music Festival evenings at Riverfront Amphitheater. For more information visit www.shastaartscouncil.org/sundial-music-festival
- June 27
- Brews by the Bridge - 10 breweries: Hosted by Catalyst Redding Young Professionals
- June 28
- Sundial Splash Community Float - Visit www.sundialsplash.com for information and registration
- June 28
- Sundial Celebration at The Civic - An evening of food, music & fun on The Civic's front lawn. Visit reddingcivic.com/events/2014/06/28/sundial-celebration for more information.
- June 29 to July 2
- Sundial Music Festival evenings at Riverfront Amphitheater - For more information visit www.shastaartscouncil.org/sundial-music-festival
- July 4
- Freedom Festival Fireworks Show
Other events include: docent-led Sundial Bridge tours, a sidewalk chalk art contest, fly fishing demonstrations, flash mob dance performances, and more. Turtle Bay will also unveil new Sundial Bridge exhibits in the Museum and at the Sundial Bridge Plaza. These will include Sundial Bridge design and construction documents, photos, films and mobile technology that will tell the story of the Sundial Bridge on smart phones and other handheld devices. Please check back often for updated CELEBRATE 10 information.
CELEBRATE 10 is a collaboration between City of Redding, The McConnell Foundation, Redding Civic Auditorium, Shasta County Arts Council, Turtle Bay Exploration Park and VisitRedding.com. Special thanks to CELEBRATE 10's valued sponsors!
With Special Support from John & Betty Fitzpatrick and The McConnell Foundation.
BANDALOOP: re-imagining dance, changing perspectives
BANDALOOP is funded by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts and individual donors. Conceived and directed by Amelia Rudolph; Assistant Director Rachael Lincoln; Choreography in collaboration with the performers: Melecio Estrella, Rachael Lincoln, Roel Seeber, Andrew Ward; Director of show production Thomas Cavanagh; Rigging by Hans Florine and Peter Mayfield.